Last modified: 19.05.2020

during your stay


You can call 112 in case of emergency and/or IF someone needs IMMEDIATE medical treatment.

The emergency number 112 is the same in all of the European Union.

If you need to contact the police, please call 114 instead.


Below you can read more about the different emergency services.

  • +

    In case of an accident, a fire or a serious crime

    112 is the nation-wide number to call in case:

    • Of an accident, fire, or a serious crime
    • Lives, property, or the environment are in acute danger
    • There is a need for immediate police assistance, an ambulance, the fire brigade or environmental action

    When you call 112, you will hear the following message in Danish:

    "De har kaldt alarmcentralen 112. Brandvæsen, politi og ambulance. Vent roligt her"

    (Translated: You have called the emergency call centre 112. Fire service, police and ambulance. Please wait).

    The staff speaks English, and will ask you (as a rule):

    • What has happened – where and when?
    • Which phone number are you calling from?
    • How many people are injured?

    In case of sickness or accidents, you will quickly be referred to a health professional employee.

    Help will be sent to you while you are talking with the staff member at the 112 emergency call centre. Please remain where you are until help arrives.


    Avoid calling 112 if the situation is not acute. You risk blocking the telephone line for an emergency call.

    Instead, call 114, which is the service number to the police all over the country.

  • +

    In case of emergency dental treatment

    If you have an accident involving your teeth, you should consult an emergency dentist that is open outside normal opening hours. The emergency dental service treats both adults and children.

    Please note that such consultations and treatments are considerably more expensive than dental care provided during usual opening hours. Children under the age of 18 will receive the dental treatment free of charge.

  • +

    In case you lost your credit card

    If your credit card is lost or stolen, it is important to report it immediately.

    You can call Nets – a Nordic provider of payment solutions, credit card and information services – 24 hours, year round.

    • For Dankort, Visa/Dankort and Visa Electron please call: (+45) 44 89 29 29
    • For MasterCard, Maestro, Visa and American Express, please call: (+45) 44 89 27 50

    To deal with unauthorised charges, you must contact your own bank, which can also issue a new credit card.

  • +

    In case you need an accident and emergency department

    Accident and emergency (A&E) departments treat serious injuries, which your own GP (general practitioner) is unable to treat; for example a broken finger.

    A&E departments are often busy, so you should expect some waiting time.

    In case of accidents and very serious injuries, always call 112.

    In some regions, you must make a call before going to the accident and emergency department. It differs from one region to another whether you are to call the accident and emergency department, your GP or others.

    The links below will shows you the addresses of all the accident and emergency departments in the country, and they will inform you of where you may have to call before going to the accident and emergency department.

  • +

    In case you need out-of-hours medical service

    The out-of-hours medical service is open when your own GP (general practitioner) is closed – in the evening and on weekends.

    If you fall ill or suffer an injury outside your own GP’s normal opening hours, you can call the out-of-hours medical service – if the problem cannot wait until your own GP is available.

    A doctor will answer your phone call, and either:

    • You will get a consultation on the phone
    • You will be asked to come for a consultation at an emergency service centre
    • Or – in special emergencies – a doctor will come and visit you in your home

    In many cases, you will be asked to contact your own GP for a consultation.

    The out-of-hours doctor can, among other things, prescribe medicines, refer you to an accident and emergency (A&E) department or admit you to the hospital.

    The out-of-hours doctor will be able to assist you more quickly, if you have your health insurance card ready and if you have taken your temperature, if you suspect you are running a fever.

    Find phone numbers of out-of-hours medical service in your region (in Danish)

  • +

    In case you want to report a crime

    Call the police at 114 to report a crime. 114 is the nation-wide service number of the police.

    Call 114 if you:

    • want to report a crime where there is no need for immediate police assistance
    • have information for the police about the commitment of a crime
    • need information or guidance about permissions issued by the police

    If there is a need for immediate police assistance, please call 112 instead.

    You can also call or contact your local police. Please find addresses and phone numbers on the website of the police.

    Find your local police office (in Danish)

  • +

    In case you want to report a theft or property damage

    In case you experience theft or minor crimes, you can easily report it online on the website of the police.

    Please note that attacks, housebreaking/burglary or other offences that demand immediate intervention by the police, must be reported to the police by phone or by personal application.

    In very urgent cases, you must call 112.

    To contact your local police office, please find addresses and phone numbers on the website of the police.

During your stay